The Messageboard:

Remember, I have moved my book reviews to their own blog. Tracy's Book Nook is now active.


Thursday, July 17

Our Furry Family ~ Thankful Thursday


I’m so excited that Thankful Thursday is here again! I have so much to be thankful for, and I am pleased to be able to record and share it. I hope you enjoy it. If you would like to participate or just read from more thankful hearts, pop on over to Thankful Thursday and join us.

This week I’d like to focus my thankfulness on the other members of our family. There are people who exist, who believe that pets are just animals that you take care of. We are not those people. We have a total of 5 pets, 4 cats and 1 dog, and we think of them as family. We love our furry family members very much and are grateful for their presence in our lives. I am thankful for:

~ The love and joy we get daily from them daily.

~ The way they make us laugh.

~ The companionship they offer.

~The way they warm the bed in the winter.

~ Their hunting prowess – most bugs don’t last long w/ the cats.

~ The protection – until recently because she’s now old, Ashley, the dog, has been very protective of us and our home.

~ The groomer who keeps Prissy shaved down (because she’s too fat to clean herself and gets matted).

~ The compassion they show when we are sick or sad.

~ The different and distinct personalities they all have.

~ The blessing of each one in our lives.

In addition to all of the above, I’d like to offer a very special thank you to our 15 year old Ashley. She has been a wonderful friend and companion. The last 2 years have been hard on her, and though her body is giving way to age, it’s easy to see the young and vibrant dog within. Her days are numbered and for that we are very sad. But we are so, so grateful for the time we’ve had with her. Some people don’t believe pets go to heaven. I don’t believe that, and never will. So we are preparing to mourn her passing and believe she’ll soon be playing ball again, and will be running and jumping and having a great time, without the pain and stiffness she feels now.

Thank you God, for all of our wonderful pets, that we love so much. And today, thank you especially for Ashley.

6 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

God blesses a thankful heart, and I love hearing yours! Thanks for sharing it!

Denise said...

Pets are such precious gifts, bless you.

Anonymous said...

How precious! I know my brothers and friends frequently think I'm bonkers not just because I speak to animals but cos I know they understand and feel. Thank God for yours, they are blessed to have you.

Addicted to Beadz said...

In my TT post on "trust" today I added that I know my "Ripley" trusts me 100%. He doesn't seem to have a problem with trust, as I do at times.

Thanks for sharing!
Cheryl

Lori Laws said...

I am so thankful for my kitty cats! I pray for them. "Everything that has breath, praise the Lord!" This may sound nuts...but I tell them, "Jesus made you so cute just for ME."

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

Joanne Sher said...

I can see the love in your heart, darling, especially reading this after hearing what happened. Bless you, my dear.