Okay, I got tagged again. This time it is for The Book Game. Here is my list for books, reading and authors. I hope you enjoy!
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I have loved reading for as long as I remember, and never went without reading as a child.
2. What are some books you read as a child?
All the Little House books, Little Women, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Outsiders, Christy, the Trixie Belden series, Anne of Green Gables – I could go on, but won’t.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Drama/suspense, Chick-Lit, historical, and some romance for fiction. Biographies, Christian Living and conservative political for non-fiction.
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
Only one?I have many “favorites” and it would be impossible to choose just one. Some would be Little Women, Where the Red Fern Grows, Message From ‘Nam, Redeeming Love, Zoya, Danger in the Shadows, Little House Series, Left Behind Series – again, I could go on…
5. Where do you usually read?
Easy chair or bedroom
6. When do you usually read?
At night, sometimes on the weekend
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Sometimes, though if I do, it’s different types of books, like fiction and non-fiction, Christian Living and political, etc.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Not really, though occasionally I’ll start a non-fiction that doesn’t really hold my interest, so I have to force myself to finish it. Typically though, I really enjoy non-fiction.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
Yes, I’m a collector. It is rare that I part with a book, and I never loan them out. If I really want someone to read something I have, I’ll just buy them their own copy.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
Reagan is really too young right now, but I’m really looking forward to it!
12. What are you reading now?
Flabbergasted and Me, My Country and My God
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Sort of mentally. Also, I tend to buy several books at once and read them one after another.
14. What’s next?
Not sure – it depends on what I grab.
15. What books would you like to reread?
16. Who are your favorite authors?Some of them, in no particular order:
Dee Henderson, Ann Coulter, Max Lucado, Denise Hildreth, C.S. Lewis, T.D. Jakes, John Maxwell, Nicholas Sparks, Karen Kingsbury
Whew, that was hard! Okay, now I’m tagging Alison (Truthoughts) and Patty Wysong – tag Ladies, your it! :-)
6 hours ago