The Messageboard:

Remember, I have moved my book reviews to their own blog. Tracy's Book Nook is now active.


Thursday, July 10

The Basics ~ Thankful Thursday


I’m so excited that Thankful Thursday is here again! I have so much to be thankful for, and I am pleased to be able to record and share it. I hope you enjoy it. If you would like to participate or just read from more thankful hearts, pop on over to Thankful Thursday and join us.

This week I’m focusing on the basics. I’m thankful for:

~ Air Conditioning – living in the Phoenix area during the summer would be downright awful without this wonderful, God-given invention.

~ Clean Water – As Americans, I think this is something we take for granted, but it is vitally important to life itself, and sadly there are far too many that don’t have this luxury.

~ Abundant Food – There is enough of it (maybe too much) and there are plenty of choices.

~ Transportation – We have two good, sound vehicles (with great air conditioning) to make our lives easier.

~ The Internet – It’s great for communication, makes finding information easier and I couldn’t blog without it!

~ A Wonderful Home – They say that love and family are what makes a house a home and I agree. We do have a nice house, but the love found within makes it a wonderful home.

~ Veggie Tales – Reagan loves them, so I really love them.

~ June 22nd – I love this day, because the days start to get shorter, and evening is welcome when the sun is so hot!

~ Ample Clothing – Ditto food above.

~ A Loving Heavenly Father – Lord, thank you so much for all of the blessings you have given me. Thank you for your Word, love, forgiveness, provision and protection. Amen!

16 comments:

Darlene said...

A wonderful list of thanks! Thanks for sharing your heart!

Have a fabulous day!
Blessings,
Darlene

Nise' said...

I was just thinking about safe drinking water this morning! Great thankful list today!

Mary said...

I enjoyed your thankful list. Many of the same things were on mine. We are so lucky to have clean water in North America.

Have a pleasant and enjoyable day. Hope the evening is cool.

Blessings,
Mary

Kristi said...

We love veggie tales too! Great list.

HeyShae! said...

All excellent things to be thankful for.

Joanne Sher said...

A super list! So many things we DO take for granted. Thank you for sharing your thankfuls :)

A happy heart at home said...

I agree - I'm thankful for those things, too. My sister-in-law and some friends of ours live in the Phoenix area. It's so hot out there! I live in New England, and I use air conditioning!

~Susan

Tracy said...

Love your list of thankfulness! We are so blessed to have luxuries like AC and clean drinking water! I know I often take them both for granting. Thanks for this sweet reminder today.

Blessings,
Tracy

Laurie Ann said...

Great list of things to be thankful for. Happy TT!

Sharon - Pixie Bows said...

Thank-you for reminding me to be Thankful! I needed that today, we have so much that we take for granted that others around the world suffer without.

Addicted to Beadz said...

What a fabulous list of thankfuls. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet words!

Cheryl

southmsmomof4 said...

Your blog is beautiful. What a great list. I live in far down south and believe me, I thank God for A/C too. I'd hate to face our summers w/o it. I really enjoyed reading your list, sometimes it is good to just get back to the basics. Be blessed,
Stacy

Beth K. Vogt said...

It's so nice to get back to the basics--and be thankful for them!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

eph2810 said...

Amen to that indeed :)

I too am grateful for the A/C in home and in our cars...Would be pretty bad without it during the Monsoon season.
Yes, we do take the basic things of life for granted - some do without them.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always.

Victoria (Vii) said...

Beautiful! I stumbled upon your blog somehow and am so blessed to have done so!

Anonymous said...

wonderful list. a wonderful home is a blessing from God. God bless you more, blessed one. =)