The Messageboard:

Remember, I have moved my book reviews to their own blog. Tracy's Book Nook is now active.


Sunday, July 27

My First Blog Award


I am so excited and honored to have received my very first blog award! I received it from the very talented Darlene at her Everything to Me aka Puff’s Pocket blog. Please take a moment to check out her blog. It really is an honor to me, that she would have chosen me and my blog for this great award. I really am both humbled and honored. It is the Art Y Pico award and it is given to those who inspire others with their creative energy and talents in writing, artwork, design or contributions to the blogging community. It originated here. What does the expression mean? Well, apparently it doesn’t exactly translate to English, but it loosely translates to, “Wow. The Best Art. Over the top.” (This was taken from the Art Y Pico blog.)

As a recipient of these awards, I have been asked to share the award with five blogs that bless me. It was very difficult to choose only 5 blogs to honor, since there are so many that I love and visit regularly. There really are some incredibly talented people writing in the blogosphere. I hope that each of these ladies are as excited as I am! Congratulations friends!

I have chosen:

~ LauraLee @ LauraLee’s Lifesongs
~ Julie @ The Surrendered Scribe
~ Joanne @ An Open Book
~ Peculiar @ How Do We Get There From Here
~ Lori @ Persevere

Your “official instructions” follow:

To the recipients of the award...
1. Pick five blogs you consider deserving of this award, whether for creativity, design, interesting material, or contributions to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Name each nominee and link to his/her blog.
3. Show the award and include the name (and link to his/her blog) of whoever presented you with this award.
4. Be sure to link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone knows the origin of this award.
5. Post these rules.

Congratulations Ladies!!! Now go out and bless others, as you have been blessed!

6 comments:

Peculiar said...

Tracy, first let me say THANK YOU SO MUCH from the humblest heart. I'm sitting here feeling so absolutely unworthy. I just do my little blog as a hobby, but with that, I try to be as honoring to God and true to self as possible in it. I even TRY to remember to pray about each post so that I won't miss something God could use the blog to convey. That probably doesn't always happen, but I try non the less.

It's so interesting that an award came right now for me, let me briefly tell you why. I was just reading a post on www.chatswithanoldlady.blogspot.com (Gina's blog). It was called "A note about blog awards," under the column on the right called "Highlighted posts." If you get time, please read it and email me back personally (4bizkidz@bellsouth.net) or comment on my last post and tell me what you think. I read it just day before yesterday, and I feel I was in full agreement with it.

I have often wondered whether someone thought anything at all about posts I've done, because I know that I'm small and not the most popular (or even close) blogger out there. I am so amazed and humbled that someone could be affected by (like I am with yours) something I had to say. I never think about that. I just post. I always think, "If someone stops by and reads (and gets something useful out of it), great (I hope it's something that propels them closer to Christ or piques an interest in a mutual hobby), if they don't, well, I was just getting something out of my head and heart and putting it on "virtual paper" anyway, so...so be it. No big deal. Who am I anyway?

Now that I've been awarded this, I'm not sure what to do. Is it vain to accept, knowing that there are people out there who see blogs on awards and assume that these must be "the happening" blogs now? Will it make people think more about us and less about the messages we are trying to convey? I would have liked and appreciated your blog whether I saw the award or not. In fact, usually I don't notice them; I would have been looking for interesting or life-changing content. That's what I found at your blog, although, to be honest, once I saw the award, like anybody else, my first thought was that someone thought that Tracy and/or her blog was special, effective or touching, and deserving of an award. Well, that's a good thing isn't it? I think so. Now you can see why I'm wrestling. Do those thoughts overshadow what Christ did through Tracy and the gifts and talents He has given her?

Your thoughts are welcome Tracy.

Again, this little nobody is more honored than you think. Someone picked...ME!!

(Sorry I left so much in your post content.)

Julie Arduini said...

Thank you so much! My friends at Mothers of Preschoolers are going to fall over laughing at the art aspect of the award, but I'll go with the writing angle. Noelle Mena did the header for me, so I'll make sure she gets credit too.

You bless me with your writing and friendship. Thanks for thinking of me, it means a lot!

ps
The week of August 9-16 I'm having "re runs" at my blog, and I'll be showing my post about my favorite DiCianni art. Can't wait for you to see it!

Lori Laws said...

Tracy,

Thanks so much for considering my blog ~ it really means alot. I know you know that God inspires everything I write:) All the glory to Him!!

Lori Laws said...

Tracy,
Iforgot to include the 5 blogs I chose...

~ Hack Your Soul
~ Channel of Healing
~ Just The Word ~ Please
~ UCanHope2
~ Opinion Streams

(let me know if you can't see their links)

Joanne Sher said...

Thank you SO much, Tracy! I am honored (this is my first award too!) that you would consider me. Off to bless some more people :)

LauraLee Shaw said...

Congratulations on your award, tracy!!!!

Thank you so much for handing down the honor to me. What a blessing for my hectic week!