The Messageboard:

Remember, I have moved my book reviews to their own blog. Tracy's Book Nook is now active.


Tuesday, July 15

Full with Fresh Fruit

Well, I made it. I’ve completed my journey through the Fruit of the Spirit. It was a great trip and I’m glad I took it. I am now full of fresh fruit and sincerely hope the journey was a good and uplifting for others as well.

One thing I’ve really enjoyed about this series, is going back and re-reading some of the previous posts. While a lot of it was familiar (as it should be, since I wrote it), there were some passages I read that made me thing, I wrote that? Whenever I came to a passage that prompted that thought, I paid particularly close attention because I knew that those words were not really my own, but God’s. It is both amazing and humbling to know that He has chosen to work through me.

I’d like to thank everyone who has read the words that I’ve written and particularly those who’ve taken the time to comment and encourage me on my blog. In finishing, the verse that came to mind is Isaiah 55:10-11, “For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” This is such a comforting promise. He has a purpose for the words I wrote, and He will accomplish that purpose.

In case you’ve missed any of the articles about the Fruit of the Spirit that I’ve posted here, simply click here on Fruit of the Spirit and that will take you to all articles posted here. Then just find the fruit you may have missed. Thanks again for reading and for all the support and may God bless you richly.

“And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.” Colossians 1:10-12

“Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.” 2 Peter 1:4-7

4 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

It's been an incredible series! What a perfect conclusion to it.

So what's next? ;)

Joanne Sher said...

Definitely enjoyed the ones I read, and I WILL go back and read more of them! Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve next ;)

Victoria (Vii) said...

I enjoyed reading some of your jewels and will definitely go back and read the whole series!

Josh said...

Tracy, I just want to thank you for this series. You truly blessed me with it, and I am so happy to have been put in touch with such a talented and gifted writer. Both you and Jeff have great words of heavenly wisdom, and I am glad that you share them with all of us. God really does speak through both of you, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Keep on writing for Him. Your writing definitely has a purpose that stretches far beyond what you can even imagine.