The Messageboard:

Remember, I have moved my book reviews to their own blog. Tracy's Book Nook is now active.


Wednesday, September 10

I'm Thankful for God ~ Thankful Thursday


Well, here it is again - Thankful Thursday! I’m so happy to be able to offer up “Thanks” regularly for the many wonderful blessings I have, whether large or small, significant or mundane. I’d like to offer a special thank you to Iris at her blog, Sting My Heart for hosting this wonderful Meme. If you would like to participate or just read from more thankful hearts, pop on over to Thankful Thursday and join us.

As always, there’s much to be thankful for. This week the Lord impelled me to share a bit of my testimony in a blog post, as a prelude to a series He’s prompted me to begin. It was not easy to go back to a time when I was in such darkness. But it allowed me to see anew the amazing things the Lord has done in my life. This week I am thankful for:

~ God’s love, which He had for me even when I was unlovable.

~ God’s grace, which He offered freely to me (though I didn’t deserve it), but cost Him so much.

~ God’s mercies, which are new, and needed, every day.

~ God’s Word, which is my lifeline to Him, and gives me hope, comfort, wisdom, encouragement and direction at all times.

~ God’s patience, which allows me to stumble while growing in Him, without fear of being abandoned or rejected by Him.

~ God’s promises, which I have seen fulfilled in my own life many times.

~ God’s faithfulness, which has proven time and again that my trust in Him is well placed.

~ God’s provision, which has taken care of all of my needs and lots of my wants.

~ God’s handiwork, which I see in my own life, and that Jeff’s and Sweet Pea’s, as well as in the beauty and majesty of nature.

~ God’s Son, who didn’t have to come and die for me, in a horrible and torturous way, to save me from the pit I was in, but chose to because He thought I was worth it.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful post, bless you dear.

i said...

What a lovely thankful post! Remain blessed!

Joanne Sher said...

Beautiful, Tracy. God is so good to us all.

Unknown said...

How awesome He is!
Blessings...

Debra Kaye said...

I can say AMEN to each one of these! Thank you for sharing with us!

Peculiar said...

Tracy,

Your thankfulness to God Himself and His character is so wonderful! I really enjoyed reading your list and I heartily agree, because He has been the same God to me.

Thanks for stopping by my place.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Have a good rest of the day!

He & Me + 3 said...

What an awesome post. I too am Thankful for His Mercies...I need them everyday too! We are so blessed to be His children.

Anonymous said...

amen to everything you said. my God! i thank Him for His mercy, love, faithfulness and patience with me. i don't know where i'd be without Him.

be blessed!

Nancie said...

Amen to these precious thoughts! Thank God for His love and many mercies to us daily. Thank you for sharing with us. Take care and have a blessed weekend!