Ok, I’m going to play along again. I have been tagged with the Honest Scrap Award, by two very cool peeps, Billy Coffey (aka a Southern Gentleman and subtle fighter of liberal feminism) and KM Wilsher (aka gzusfreek, writer of Christian Sci-Fi and Fantasy w/ a way awesome looking blog)! It’s been awhile, so I might be able to come up with 10 things about myself that you don’t already know or remember from previous about me posts. Of course there are a couple of rules to this.
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it honest (hence, the award 'Honest Scrap'), even if you have to dig deep.
B) Pass the award on to 8 bloggers that you feel embody the role of the Honest Scrap. (This is an award only to display on your blog that everything you write on it is in truth, sincerity, and integrity.) Special Note: I am cheating. Because most everyone I know has already been tagged, I’m not tagging anyone specifically, but am inviting anyone who is interested to play along.
1) When I was a sinning single gal, most of my home-cooked dinners consisted of red wine and popcorn. If it was the weekend, throw in some ice cream and a video.
2) I love, love, love going to the movies by myself. It’s the ultimate picker-upper for me.
3) I got my first grey hair while I was pregnant with Sweet Pea, at the tender age of 38. And I cried!
4) I’m seriously debating using a pen name, rather than my real name for all this writin’ I’m doing. I was thinking Paige Montgomery, but the amazing Michelle Sutton came up with Paige Turner (get it?)… Whatcha think?
5) I used to have a “either love me or hate me” personality with nothing in between. People either loved me or hated me. Seriously, I’ve really… matured.
6) I have never, ever, sent a text message. I wouldn’t even know how.
7) I was (gasp!) arrested when I was seventeen for underage drinking, and when the officer put me in handcuffs, he tore off one of my nails (literally).
8) I hate talking on the phone, traffic, accessorizing, high heels, hot temperatures, snakes, creepy crawly things, mushrooms and baseball.
9) I love animals, rain, wide open spaces, the color purple (not the movie – though that was good too) mountains, classic movies, Venti White Chocolate Mocha’s, and the ocean.
10) I consider chocolate to be the most important food group.
And as a bonus, here is an extra:
11) I want a new engagement. After waiting for what seemed like forever to get engaged (thank you, honey), my betrothement happiness ended abruptly when the very next day we Americans experienced the horror of Sept. 11, 2001. I really want a new engagement!
6 hours ago