Ok, I got tagged again for random facts about me. This time it was by Vickie at her great Writing While Walking blog, and it's for 7 random facts. I’m happy to share more. I will spare passing this on to specific people though, because I know I’ve pretty much gotten you all. :) If you do want to play again, just go ahead and grab it and continue on your blog. I hope this helps in knowing me a little bit better.
1) When I was 16, I won a stuffed seal, that I promptly named Sammy. From that time forward, until I got married at 33, I slept with Sammy every night. Sammy has traveled the world with me, gone on vacations with me, comforted me and been an all-around good friend for more than 20 years now. When I got married, Sammy moved to a place of honor in our bedroom and now only sleeps with me when Jeff or I are traveling and not together (which is rarely).
2) I didn’t fly on an airplane until I was 18 and going to Air Force boot camp. I didn’t get a driver’s license until I was 21.
3) I got saved at the age of 30 and was baptized on my 31st birthday. In a pool. Outside. At night. In December. (I really wanted to get baptized!)
4) I love, love, love Mexican food and could eat fresh, warm tortilla chips and fresh salsa nearly non-stop.
5) I don’t like to talk on the phone. I do it, but not a lot.
6) I really and truly enjoy going to the movies by myself. Always have. Me, a soda, a big bag of popcorn and a decent movie can make me nearly giddy with joy. I enjoy seeing movies with others (esp. the hubs) too, but nothing boosts me or relaxes me like a movie date with myself. It is my version of what some women seem to get out of bath time.
7) I love the Great American West. I love the vast and varied scenery, the history, the people, the laid-back nature, the wide open spaces, I love it all. I’ve been other places that have a lot to offer, and are quite beautiful too, but there’s just something really special to me, about the Great American West.
There, now you know 7 more random things about me. I’d love it if you were interested in playing along and wanted to share things about yourself, but as I said am not tagging anyone else, because I know I’ve pretty much tagged most (if not all) of you already. Blessings!
4 hours ago